The SafeStraw is a volume limiting drinking aid and helps patients with deficient oropharyngeal or oral motor skills drink safely. Pharyngeal muscles react slowly, and the patient either loses fluid out of the oral cavity or they aspirate.
- Successfully delivers a measure of approx. 6.2ml’s (1 tablespoon) per suck
- Alleviates the laborious task of controlling volume by spoon feeding or squeezing a straw
- Assists with the prevention of aspiration when drinking fluids
- Assists with oral motor control of a liquid bolus
- Discreet, and fits into a variety of drinking containers
- Disassembles for easy cleaning, top rack safe for dishwasher use